Schaeffer's SynShield® Durability Advantage Engine Oil 15W-40
Exceeds API Service Categories for heavy-duty-diesel engine oil: CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4, CI-4 Plus and older.
SynShield® Durability Advantage 15W-40 Engine Oil is a premium advanced performance, synthetic plus, heavy-duty diesel engine oil formulated to provide maximum protection against wear, oxidation, deposit formation, soot contamination and aeration.
SynShield® Durability Advantage 15W-40 Engine Oil provides excellent equipment durability and longevity even during harsh, extreme duty operating conditions. Using our proprietary friction modifiers, Micron Moly® and Penetro®, SynShield® Durability Advantage 15W-40 creates a slippery, tenacious shield that prevents metal-to-metal contact. This added layer of durability protection significantly reduces wear on bearings, rings, pistons, cylinders and valve trains.
Our 15W-40 oil is suitable for use in 2007 and 2010 emission compliant engines that utilize heavy exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and exhaust after-treatment devices such as diesel particulate filters (DPFs) with or without diesel oxidation catalysts (DOCs) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR). SynShield® Durability Advantage 15W-40 Oil can also be used in low-emission certified diesel engines that are equipped with EGR, older non-EGR containing diesel engines, and off-highway diesel engines.
- Improved wear protection – 85% less wear than conventional CJ-4 oils.
- High thermal and oxidative stability for greater resistance to viscosity thickening and the formation of deposits, sludge and varnish.
- Strong soot-busting, deposit-dispersing capability – 77% greater soot handling than conventional CJ-4 oils.
- Excellent shear stability for stay-in-grade performance throughout the oil drain interval.
- Superior low volatility characteristics to control oil consumption.
- Improved and optimized engine durability and reliability during high mileage, hour accumulation situations.
- Excellent protection against oil aeration and foaming.