The Banks Power Derringer Tuner (GEN2) With iDash 1.8 DataMonster is a high-tech tuner that lets you safely add horsepower and torque to your 2020 GM 6.6L Duramax L5P. The included iDash 1.8 SuperGauge gives you the ability to change tunes on-the-fly, while monitoring engine and trans functions. With the upgraded DataMonster you also have the ability to datalog up to 100 Derringer Engine/Trans parameters through a Micro SD Card.
The Derringer comes with six switched settings: Stock, Plus, and Sport. Level 6 produces Best in Class performance and knocks you back in your seat with an additional 81hp and 144 1b-ft of torque! The Level 3 setting is for work use and offers great mid-range feel. When running Level 3 you will see your ramp merging speeds and passing times greatly improved while transporting a heavy load or pulling a trailer.
Separating the Derringer from other tuners are safety features such as AutoRate, TransCommand, and ActiveSafety which let you put the power to the ground without damaging your drivetrain! Best of all there is no reflash required and no traces left in ECU. All you need to do is choose your setting and let the Derringer do the rest!
- Unlike other aftermarket tuners, the Derringer is continously adjusting to provide you with peak performance by fine-tuning calibrations on the fly.
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) - The Derringer senses engine EGT and modulates fueling to maintain safe EGT levels to protect your engine.
- Altitude Compensation - The Derringer senses ambient air pressure to maintain added boost and power as altitude increases.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regen – Constantly monitors your DPF regen status and will optimize calibrations to ensure a successful complete regen.
- Accelerator Pedal Monitoring – Pedal position sensors allow you to roll in power progressively to optimize fuel economy and max power when commanded.
- Coolant Temperature Monitoring – During warmup, no power is added below 120° F, then power is ramped in and fully available above 150° If the coolant overheats for any reason, the Derringer starts removing its power at 230° F and additional power is totally removed if you exceed 240° F.
- Pull Power Timer – If set on Sport level, the Derringer allows for 30 seconds of wide open throttle before transitioning to the recommended power level for sustained tow/haul.
TransCommand - Active Transmission Safety System
The Derringer utilizes key engine and transmission parameters to enhance shift performance and improve the life of your transmission. Because the competitors lack the essential OBD-II data, they always add power at wide open throttle—no matter what! This can cause excessive transmission slip, torque converter clutch slip and even 170 HP engine derates in order for the transmission to complete the shift. This harms the overall performance and degrades your transmission. The Derringer is meticulously calibrated and extensively tested to properly modulate power during shifting, optimizing performance and safety.
Intelligent Shift Tuning – The transmission shift request signal is monitored to optimize the power level prior to the shift protecting the transmission.
Boost and Fuel by Gear – Gear based calibration allows for optimum traction and performance
Torque Converter Clutch Slip Monitoring – The Derringer adjusts to modulate slip to safe levels.
Transmission Slip Monitoring – The Derringer adjusts calibration to modulate transmission slip to safe levels
The Active Safety failsafe system utilizes bypass relays to smoothly transition your vehicle to stock power levels in the event of any trouble signs in the Derringer. The system constantly monitors various parameters to ensure that everything is operating as it should. If the same fault condition occurs to the Derringer it will gracefully remove its additional power and return to stock power levels without a hitch.
Internal self-diagnostics checks health of the system 50 times per second
Monitors MAP and FRP signals for out of range condition (disconnected or short circuit)
Watchdog timer constantly monitors CPU activity
Active safety engages if 12-volt power is lost to the Derringer tuner
- Plug and Play Installation
- Adds up to 81 hp and 144 lb-ft
- 6 Power Levels with On-The-Fly Changes
- No Re-Flashing Required & No Traces Left In ECM
- Monitor Engine and Trans Parameters with iDash SuperGauge
- Datalog up to 100 Derringer Engine/Trans Parameters thru Micro SD Card
Not available for sale in the state of California Click here to read Emissions Notice.