Banks Power Derringer Tuner (Gen2) W/ iDash 1.8 Datamonster (2011-2019 6.7L PSD)
The Banks Power Derringer Tuner (GEN2) With iDash 1.8 DataMonster is the safest and most intelligent tuner and monitoring package for your 2011-2019 Ford 6.7L Powerstroke. The included iDash 1.8 not only gives you the ability switch gives you the ability to change tunes on-the-fly, it also provides you with a digital gauge. The DataMonster feature lets you data log up to 100 parameters simultaneously for hundreds of hours. You can set alerts, log up to 20 minimum/max value, and read and clear diagnostic trouble codes. The AutoRate and ActiveSafety features let you put power to the ground without damaging your engine or powertrain. The Derringer Tuner is dyno calibrated with multiple inputs like throttle position, speed, AFR, coolant temp, and more just like your factory ECU. The microprocessor based electronics in the Derringer actively and safely optimize calibrations in real time, unlike other products on the market.
The Derringer with iDash 1.8 comes with six switched settings: Level 3 is great for work such as hauling, or driving in a loaded work truck, while level 6 gives you best in class performance and puts you back in your seat. The electronics of the Derringer are in a compact housing that is easily concealed. The Derringer connects in-line with your existing sensors as well as the OBDII port so the microprocessor can communicate with your truck as well as provide safety features like cold engine protection. The power is all automatic, all you need to do is choose your setting and let the Derringer do the rest.
Unlike other aftermarket tuners, the Derringer is continously adjusting to provide you with peak performance by fine-tuning calibrations on the fly:
- Altitude Compensation - The Derringer senses ambient air pressure to maintain added boost and power as altitude increases.
- Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) - The Derringer senses engine EGT and modulates fueling to maintain safe EGT levels to protect your engine.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regen – Constantly monitors your DPF regen status and will optimize calibrations to ensure a successful complete regen.
- Accelerator Pedal Monitoring – Pedal position sensors allow you to roll in power progressively to optimize fuel economy and max power when commanded.
- Pull Power Timer – If set on Sport level, the Derringer allows for 30 seconds of wide open throttle before transitioning to the recommended power level for sustained tow/haul.
- Coolant Temperature Monitoring – During warmup, no power is added below 120° F, then power is ramped in and fully available above 150° If the coolant overheats for any reason, the Derringer starts removing its power at 230° F and additional power is totally removed if you exceed 240° F.
TransCommand - Active Transmission Safety System
The Derringer utilizes key engine and transmission parameters to enhance shift performance and improve the life of your transmission. Because the competitors lack the essential OBD-II data, they always add power at wide open throttle—no matter what! This can cause excessive transmission slip, torque converter clutch slip and even 170 HP engine derates in order for the transmission to complete the shift. This harms the overall performance and degrades your transmission. The Derringer is meticulously calibrated and extensively tested to properly modulate power during shifting, optimizing performance and safety.
Boost and Fuel by Gear – Gear based calibration allows for optimum traction and performance
Torque Converter Clutch Slip Monitoring – The Derringer adjusts to modulate slip to safe levels.
Transmission Slip Monitoring – The Derringer adjusts calibration to modulate transmission slip to safe levels
Intelligent Shift Tuning – The transmission shift request signal is monitored to optimize the power level prior to the shift protecting the transmission.
The Active Safety failsafe system utilizes bypass relays to smoothly transition your vehicle to stock power levels in the event of any trouble signs in the Derringer. The system constantly monitors various parameters to ensure that everything is operating as it should. If the same fault condition occurs to the Derringer it will gracefully remove its additional power and return to stock power levels without a hitch.
- Watchdog timer constantly monitors CPU activity
- Active safety engages if 12-volt power is lost to the Derringer tuner
- Internal self-diagnostics checks health of the system 50 times per second
- Monitors MAP and FRP signals for out of range condition (disconnected or short circuit)
Added Features With iDash 1.8 DataMonster
- On-screen Derringer Status Indicator
- Optimized Derringer layout to view vital data
- Expand system with other Banks Bus products
- Corrects MAP and FRP parameter to accurate readings
- 6 power levels with on the fly level changing using iDash
- Power added bar graph shows Derringer power being added
- Regen status displayed over power level when Regen is active
- Update Derringer software and calibration through iDash 1.8 using microSD card
- Datalog up to 100 Derringer, engine or transmission parameters through microSD card
- +59HP & 106 Lb-Ft.
- For F-250/350 Models
- Plug & Play Installation
- ActiveSafety Protects Engine & Powertrain
- No Reflashing Required - No Traces Left In ECM
- 6 On-The-Fly Power Levels With iDash 1.8 DataMonster
Not available for sale in the state of California Click here to read Emissions Notice.